Thursday, January 28, 2010

Resolution

I promised myself that I would blog more. Umm, yeah. So today is Jan. 28th...nothing like getting right on it is there? I need to blog...I have so many projects that need documented for one thing, and little interesting tidbits I need to share about also. So please bear with me while I get my ducks in a row...again. I need to freshen up this blog....which will take a little bit of time I'm sure, after all I've not even posted in almost a year! That will change, I solemnly vow.

I've got FO's to share woo hoo!!!!! Since it is after Christmas and all things have been gifted it is safe to share.

These mittens were my bff's christmas gift....the one I got finished on time anyway. Chevron Love mittens from Knitterlythings. I anticipated this being a fairly quick knit...and it really wasn't. This was my first foray into colorwork...and even though I was really only knitting with two colors at a time, I was having to carry all eight colors up the mitten....I kept getting it tangled..ugh. Not fun. I did devise a strategy on the second one though...I got a shoe box and cut holes in it for the yarn to come through, then put all eight balls of yarn in the box and knit it like that. It helped some, but when you are working with that many yarn balls, there IS going to be tangling. Even though they were difficult...I think the payoff was worth it....they are gorgeous!

Next up, Mod Cables hat. Who knew that cables were for more than just looking pretty cool....they really keep your head warm!





10 days ago I had all four wisdom teeth removed...ugh. I'm still recovering but this is what kept me busy the first couple of days I was lying around on the couch. This is knit with Cascade Venezia I believe...(I lost the yarn label) It's super squishy and the color is beautiful.

Yay! I did let's hope I can keep this up...blogging I mean. I have lots more finished projects to share.

Oh...and feel free to leave me a comment. :)

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Those mittens are awesome!!!! Lucky BFF!

Sarah said...

wish I could knit...lucky duck. Glad to see you blogging..it might motivate me to get back to it...