Tuesday, February 23, 2010

aaaaaand CUT!!! Quite literally.


So it seems everything has come to a screeching halt. I managed to injure myself pretty seriously over the weekend. So much so that i had to have emergency surgery, and now I am re-cooping one-handed for who knows how long. I'm so upset with myself....because I did something I know better than to do.....I now cannot do the simplest of things. Like hold a broom, put my socks on, or even do my daughter's hair.

I know all things happen for a reason, and that God is in control of everything so I'm trying to embrace this time and find the purpose in it but it's VERY hard. You know how it is for moms we are in control of everything...it's hard to let go of that and relax. I am thankful that I have 3 very attentive nurses who are waiting on me hand and foot. (no pun intended)

So for now I'm camped out on the couch with my laptop watching movies. I'm planning on reading too, so if you have any good book rec's send them my way. The worst part of all this down time is that I can't knit!!

Oh, and here is a tip...make sure your can openers work correctly. ;)

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Ohhhh mama! Ouch! How frustrating!

Unknown said...

oh OUCH! I hate can openers... I cut my finger pretty badly on a can because of an old can opener... that looks way worse thou... praying for quick recovery hon!

Sarah said...

Oh dude! I don't know exactly what you did, but it sounds painful. Maybe read some photography blogs...or just relax and use the time to reflect. Sending well wishes and prayer for a speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

I so understand about seeing God's purpose in all things...I'm confident He will show you...in His time. I'm praying for you!